Hospitals & Health Networks has released its 19th annual annual "Most Wired Survey," showcasing the nation’s top technological hospitals and health systems. The survey ranks facilities based on utilization of healthcare technologies including mobile health, telehealth, security system and innovation.
The survey showcases the best of the best by including categories on overall best technological utilization, most innovative, advanced security systems, small and rural hospitals and health systems, and most improved.
- 60 percent of respondents have infection surveillance in electronic health record (EHR) systems.
- 39 percent report their systems are able to deliver quality measures electronically in real time, an increase from 32 percent in 2016.
- 82 percent have utilized tools for retrospective analytics of clinical data to identify areas of quality improvement and lowering costs.
- Over 70 percent provide data analytic tool training to clinicians.
- 46 percent are able to share physician notes with patients.
- 40 percent utilize virtual visits.
- 68 percent fill prescriptions through mobile devices.
- 58 percent being able to restore lost data within four hours.