CHICAGO – December 6, 2016 – A new American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) book, ICD-10-CM Code Book for Physicians, is the AHIMA Press’s first title designed to help physicians and clinicians execute the International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification, specifically in an outpatient setting.
The book includes all 2017 updates to codes and coding guidelines.
“AHIMA is proud to have published its first code book specifically for physicians and clinicians to use as they navigate coding and reimbursement in an outpatient setting,” said AHIMA CEO Lynne Thomas Gordon, MBA, RHIA, CAE, FACHE, FAHIMA.
Key features of the book include:
- Color-coded sections to make navigation and code selection easier
- Anatomical art included throughout the Tabular
- Inclusion of Hierarchical Condition Category codes
- References to American Hospital Association (AHA) Coding Clinic guidelines
- Identification of diagnoses that impact Medicare Code Editor version 34 edits
About the consulting editor:
Anne B. Casto, RHIA, CCS, is the president of Casto Consulting, LLC, which provides services to hospitals and other healthcare stakeholders primarily in the areas of reimbursement and coding, and specializing in linking coding and billing practices to positive revenue cycle outcomes.