Expect an explosion in the mobile health market, according to a new market report on the field. Mobile Health Trends and Figures 2013-2017 maps out the future development of the mHealth applications market, highlighting 10 key trends that will shape the mHealth market until 2017.
The market for mobile health applications will develop along the following trends:
1. Smartphone user penetration will be the main driver for the mHealth uptake
2. mHealth applications will be tailored specifically for smartphones or tablets
3. mHealth applications will be native rather than web-based applications
4. mHealth niche stores will become the home of the second generation of mHealth apps
5. Missing regulations are the main market barrier during the commercialization phase
6. Buyers will continue to drive the market
7. Applications will enter traditional health distribution channels
8. The mHealth market will grow mainly in countries with high Smartphone penetration and health expenditure
9. Second generation mHealth applications will focus on chronic diseases
10. mHealth business models will broaden
The market forecast section of the report includes a forecast for mHealth market revenue until 2017, future revenues by revenue type, a forecast of mHealth app downloads by business model and an analysis of average downloads per mHealth user per year until 2017.
The trend section of the report is backed up by statements and insights of 324 opinion leaders and mHealth app publishers that have been interviewed and surveyed.
Click here to purchase the complete report.